Meeting The Head Office Team - Jennifer Smith - Co-owner & Music Director
Jennie Smith is co-owner of the Mini Maestros master franchise and the Music Director. Jennie’s wealth of experience developing music programs for children has seen the Mini Maestros program go from strength to strength. Over the past nine years Jennie has worked hard to update and refresh the program, creating new repertoire whilst staying true to the vision of our Founder, Jenny Fogarty.
A very talented musician, Jennie has arranged and written a number of Mini Maestros songs, which include the hits; ‘Fruit Salad’ and ‘Our Little Boat’. You can hear both of these tracks in class or on our Sing and Swing CD.
Singing and hearty laughter can often be heard coming from Jennie’s office! Her sense of humour and love of song really brings the team together.
When Jennie isn’t busy tending to the Mini Maestros garden, she can be found nurturing her own blossoming maestro, her beautiful 2 year old daughter Xanthe, who is already showing all the signs of growing into a wonderful musician herself.
We interviewed Jennie about super powers, life advice and deserted islands.
Question 1: Assuming you already have food and water, what 3 things would you take to a deserted island?
My family, my garden and my dogs.
Question 2: Who is your favourite band/musician at the moment?
John Mayer has been a favourite for a long time now. He is such a talented musician and his new album is great. I hope he will tour Australia soon.
Question 3: What superpower would you like to have and why?
I would like to be able to travel through time – to go back and spend time with my grandparents and other people very dear to me who are no longer alive. It would be great to be able to re-live some special moments in the past. I would prefer not to travel into the future – best leave all that as a mystery to unfold in its own time.
Question 4: What are 3 pieces of advice you would give to a child as they embark on their life’s journey?
1. Take opportunities and have a go at new things, even if you feel nervous about them.
2. Look for beauty and joy in everyday life
3. It is important to be able to have a good laugh at yourself.
Question 5: What’s the best thing about working for Mini Maestros and being part of the Head Office team?
We have such a talented team of people working with us at Mini Maestros. Everyone has their own unique strengths and abilities. If only everyone could hear some of the amazing musical performances we have had at end of year staff parties! Everyone in the Mini Maestros team is dedicated to providing the highest quality music lessons for young children, and we are all united in the belief that music is such a positive and powerful tool for learning.
- Learning Continuity for Trials and Full Enrolments during Lockdowns
- Meet The Franchisees - Louise Reeder owner/operator of the Glen Waverley Franchise
- Meet the Franchisees - Kate Howard owner/operator of the Frankston/Langwarrin franchise
- Meet Our Franchisee - Chantelle Alvaro owner/operator of Montmorency/Greensborough/Eltham
- Meet Our Franchisees - Alison Cusack and Linda Repic co-owners/operators of Craigieburn & Mickleham.
- Mini Maestros At Home Educational Activities e-Pack
- Zoom Zoom Zoom With Bumblebee - By Melissa Eilers
- 7 Things to Keep your Toddler Occupied When they Have to be Quiet - By Kate Phillips, Rowville Teacher
- Contemplating During COVID - By Kate Sadler Mini Maestros Kew/Balwyn
- How Music is Like the Clothes We Wear - By Pip Hargrave
- Inter-Generational Music Making = Strengthening Friendships Through Songs and Dance by Jo Irwin, Macedon Ranges Franchisee.
- Diving Deeper - Music from Around the World - Janet Collins
- Why Have Concerts? - By Maddy Kelly, Mini Maestros Head of Teaching
- Diving Deeper - Music and Mood Enhancement
- Diving Deeper - Music and Vocabulary By Kitty Skeen - Former Mini Maestros Bendigo Franchisee
- Diving Deeper - Lullaby and good night - hopefully... By Judy O'Neill
- Kodály, Orff, Dalcroze and Suzuki - By Jo Irwin - Mini Maestros Sunbury and Macedon Ranges Franchisee
- Mini Maestros Customer App
- Diving Deeper - Connection by Maddy Kelly - Mini Maestros' Head of Teaching
- Diving Deeper - Imagination. By Caroline Paterson - Former Wembley/Mount Hawthorn/North Perth Franchisee
- Diving Deeper - Creativity by Kitty Skeen - Former Mini Maestros Bendigo Franchisee
- Interview with Dr Anita Collins – By Esther Bertram
- Onlooker Learners - By Emma Hart, Former Mini Maestros Head Of Teaching
- Meet The Team - Ally Hvalica
- Music and Intellectual Development - By Alison Cusack & Linda Repic
- Who is your child's best teacher? Part 1 of 2 By Emma Hart - Former Mini Maestros Head of Teaching
- Who is your child's best teacher? Part 2 of 2 By Emma Hart - Former Mini Maestros Head of Teaching
- Diving Deeper - Physical Skills - By Taryn Wright
- Inter-generational music making is building healthy communities
- Writing Music Down - by 3MBS
- Diving Deeper - Social Skills by Kate Rice
- The Importance of Repetition
- Diving Deeper - Learning to listen by Robyn Stewardson, former Coburg/Fawkner/Reservoir Franchisee
- Meeting The Head Office Team - Esther Bertram - Marketing and Franchise Development Manager
- Meet the Team - Jo Irwin
- Diving Deeper - Imagination and Music By Lisa Marcolin
- Speech Development - Stories from Parents by Annette L. Graham
- Diving Deeper - The Power of Song by Kitty Skeen - Former Mini Maestros Bendigo Franchisee - Part 1 of 2
- Diving Deeper - The Power of Song by Kitty Skeen - Former Mini Maestros Bendigo Franchisee - Part 2 of 2
- Meeting the Head Office Team - Maddy Kelly
- Meeting The Head Office Team - Bruce Fethers - Co-owner & Managing Director
- Diving Deeper - Dance - by Cathy Edgar
- The Senses - By Robyn Grose. - Former Preston/Northcote/Ivanhoe/Rosanna/Canterbury/Box Hill Franchisee
- The Power of Music in Expressing Children's Emotions by Chantelle Alvaro
- Play - By Kate Howard
- Meeting The Head Office Team - Introducing Stephanie Migliore
- Relationships - By Ally Hvalica
- Developmental Milestones - By MaryRose Harrison - Former Franchisee
- Stories From Parents/Grandparents - Bobbie Carroll
- Meeting The Head Office Team - Introducing Monika Szilagyi
- JOY by Tiff Ikin
- Music Education
- Peekaboo Scarves by Emma Hart, Former Mini Maestros Head of Teaching
- All Shapes of the World
- Music Forever
- Children of Tomorrow: Thoughts On Mindful Music Education in the Early Childhood Space
- Nurturing the Love of Music
- Music. Feel it all over.
- Mini Maestros - It's Not Just About The Children.
- The Creative Life
- 5 Simple Ways to Nurture Creativity in Our Children
- Discovering the Joy of Music
- Five Alternative Ways to Say "Well Done!"
- "Good morning Bumblebee"
- A Mini Maestros Moment
- The exchange between teacher and child
- The joy of being a new mum, and the importance of connection learning and play
- BABIES CLASSES - a very special and important time for you and your child.
- 5 Ways To Jam With Your Child At Home
- Was Your First Mini Maestros Class What You Expected?
- Learning an Instrument