Meeting The Head Office Team - Bruce Fethers - Co-owner & Managing Director
Bruce Fethers is Mini Maestros’ Managing Director and co-owner.
Bruce had a career as a lawyer and then as a business executive before coming to Mini Maestros. An accomplished musician, Bruce spent many years as a church organist and conductor of choirs. He was the organist for Trinity College and Ormond College choirs, conducted Schola Cantorum, and for 17 years was the organist, choir conductor and music director at St John’s Anglican Church, East Malvern.
The combination of his logical mind and his ability to empathise with others makes Bruce a natural leader. His experience and expertise have seen Mini Maestros grow and flourish in his care.
He spends his days at the office doing the important, behind-the scenes work that keeps Mini Maestros thriving, as well as leading franchisee meetings and events. Together with his wife and co-owner Jennifer Smith, he steers the overall direction of the company. As the only man in the office building, Bruce also brings with him some masculine energy to an oestrogen-filled office!
Bruce has four children who all have all inherited his musical genes, with the two youngest having gone through the Mini Maestros program.
A man of many talents, in his spare time Bruce enjoys cooking creative meals for his family, fixing and building things around the house and office, and reading historical novels.
We interviewed Bruce about super powers, life advice and deserted islands. Here is what he had to say…
Question 1: Assuming you already have food and water, what 3 things would you take to a deserted island?
My family, music and confidence.
Question 2: Who is your favourite band/musician at the moment?
J. S. Bach has been my favourite musician for the last 30 years!
Question 3: What superpower would you like to have and why?
The ability to turn the world’s narrative on its head so that we can be energised by good news, openness and selflessness instead of consumed by bad news, denial and selfishness.
Question 4: What are 3 pieces of advice you would give to a child as they embark on their life’s journey?
Always care for those around you, remembering that those who want to hurt may need the most care.
Be confident and believe and trust in your own abilities.
Never stop learning.
Question 5: What’s the best thing about working for Mini Maestros and being part of the Head Office team?
Being Managing Director of Mini Maestros is a great honour. Everyone at Mini Maestros is privileged to be working with children and helping them to be equipped to face life’s challenges and sharing our love of music. It’s all about nurturing confident learners and doing our little bit to shape the future.
- Learning Continuity for Trials and Full Enrolments during Lockdowns
- Meet The Franchisees - Louise Reeder owner/operator of the Glen Waverley Franchise
- Meet the Franchisees - Kate Howard owner/operator of the Frankston/Langwarrin franchise
- Meet Our Franchisee - Chantelle Alvaro owner/operator of Montmorency/Greensborough/Eltham
- Meet Our Franchisees - Alison Cusack and Linda Repic co-owners/operators of Craigieburn & Mickleham.
- Mini Maestros At Home Educational Activities e-Pack
- Zoom Zoom Zoom With Bumblebee - By Melissa Eilers
- 7 Things to Keep your Toddler Occupied When they Have to be Quiet - By Kate Phillips, Rowville Teacher
- Contemplating During COVID - By Kate Sadler Mini Maestros Kew/Balwyn
- How Music is Like the Clothes We Wear - By Pip Hargrave
- Inter-Generational Music Making = Strengthening Friendships Through Songs and Dance by Jo Irwin, Macedon Ranges Franchisee.
- Diving Deeper - Music from Around the World - Janet Collins
- Why Have Concerts? - By Maddy Kelly, Mini Maestros Head of Teaching
- Diving Deeper - Music and Mood Enhancement
- Diving Deeper - Music and Vocabulary By Kitty Skeen - Former Mini Maestros Bendigo Franchisee
- Diving Deeper - Lullaby and good night - hopefully... By Judy O'Neill
- Kodály, Orff, Dalcroze and Suzuki - By Jo Irwin - Mini Maestros Sunbury and Macedon Ranges Franchisee
- Mini Maestros Customer App
- Diving Deeper - Connection by Maddy Kelly - Mini Maestros' Head of Teaching
- Diving Deeper - Imagination. By Caroline Paterson - Former Wembley/Mount Hawthorn/North Perth Franchisee
- Diving Deeper - Creativity by Kitty Skeen - Former Mini Maestros Bendigo Franchisee
- Interview with Dr Anita Collins – By Esther Bertram
- Onlooker Learners - By Emma Hart, Former Mini Maestros Head Of Teaching
- Meet The Team - Ally Hvalica
- Music and Intellectual Development - By Alison Cusack & Linda Repic
- Who is your child's best teacher? Part 1 of 2 By Emma Hart - Former Mini Maestros Head of Teaching
- Who is your child's best teacher? Part 2 of 2 By Emma Hart - Former Mini Maestros Head of Teaching
- Diving Deeper - Physical Skills - By Taryn Wright
- Inter-generational music making is building healthy communities
- Writing Music Down - by 3MBS
- Diving Deeper - Social Skills by Kate Rice
- The Importance of Repetition
- Diving Deeper - Learning to listen by Robyn Stewardson, former Coburg/Fawkner/Reservoir Franchisee
- Meeting The Head Office Team - Esther Bertram - Marketing and Franchise Development Manager
- Meet the Team - Jo Irwin
- Diving Deeper - Imagination and Music By Lisa Marcolin
- Speech Development - Stories from Parents by Annette L. Graham
- Diving Deeper - The Power of Song by Kitty Skeen - Former Mini Maestros Bendigo Franchisee - Part 1 of 2
- Diving Deeper - The Power of Song by Kitty Skeen - Former Mini Maestros Bendigo Franchisee - Part 2 of 2
- Meeting the Head Office Team - Maddy Kelly
- Diving Deeper - Dance - by Cathy Edgar
- The Senses - By Robyn Grose. - Former Preston/Northcote/Ivanhoe/Rosanna/Canterbury/Box Hill Franchisee
- Meeting The Head Office Team - Jennifer Smith - Co-owner & Music Director
- The Power of Music in Expressing Children's Emotions by Chantelle Alvaro
- Play - By Kate Howard
- Meeting The Head Office Team - Introducing Stephanie Migliore
- Relationships - By Ally Hvalica
- Developmental Milestones - By MaryRose Harrison - Former Franchisee
- Stories From Parents/Grandparents - Bobbie Carroll
- Meeting The Head Office Team - Introducing Monika Szilagyi
- JOY by Tiff Ikin
- Music Education
- Peekaboo Scarves by Emma Hart, Former Mini Maestros Head of Teaching
- All Shapes of the World
- Music Forever
- Children of Tomorrow: Thoughts On Mindful Music Education in the Early Childhood Space
- Nurturing the Love of Music
- Music. Feel it all over.
- Mini Maestros - It's Not Just About The Children.
- The Creative Life
- 5 Simple Ways to Nurture Creativity in Our Children
- Discovering the Joy of Music
- Five Alternative Ways to Say "Well Done!"
- "Good morning Bumblebee"
- A Mini Maestros Moment
- The exchange between teacher and child
- The joy of being a new mum, and the importance of connection learning and play
- BABIES CLASSES - a very special and important time for you and your child.
- 5 Ways To Jam With Your Child At Home
- Was Your First Mini Maestros Class What You Expected?
- Learning an Instrument