Meet the Team - Jo Irwin
Jo Irwin is the Sunbury and Macedon Ranges Franchisee and our Social Community Manager. Jo first attended Mini Maestros in 2002 with her 6 month old daughter. She then trained as a teacher with the original founder Jenny Fogarty, but held off starting her own classes until 2010. Jo's positivity, friendliness and open personality have seen her build strong and lasting relationships with the families in her classes.
As the Social Community Manager, Jo takes care of Mini Maestros’ presence on social media and nurtures online relationships. As a fair and kind person who is loved by all of the Franchisees and Head Office staff, Jo is in a unique position to walk the bridge between worlds – life as a Franchisee and life as Head Office staff, so she has true insight into the business of Mini Maestros from various perspectives. We are very fortunate to have such a wonderful person as part of the Mini Maestros family.
We interviewed Jo about super powers, life advice and deserted islands.
Question 1: Assuming you already have food and water, what 3 things would you take to a deserted island?
It depends, does the food and water include a platter and champagne? If it does than I would need to take my family, my besties and my music dock.
Question 2: Who is your favourite band/musician at the moment?
Like the rest of the world I just can’t get enough of Ed Sheeran.
Question 3: What superpower would you like to have and why?
Teleporting. Then I could be anywhere, anytime in a flash (and visit my mum and dad in NSW without a 10 hour car trip!).
Question 4: What are 3 pieces of advice you would give to a child as they embark on their life’s journey?
Try to be always kind to others, honest with yourself and remember to have fun. Life isn’t permanent.
Question 5: What’s the best thing about working for Mini Maestros and being part of the Head Office team?
The flexibility I have to do my job at any time of the day and week. The gorgeous people I get to work with. How progressive the business is and that it constantly embraces change. It’s fun and challenging and joyous and rewarding.
- New Friday venue in the heart of Malvern
- 2019 Enrolments - Another Year of Nurturing Confident Learners
- Saturday classes in Ascot Vale!
- Saturday classes in Croydon!
- Diving Deeper - Imagination. By Caroline Paterson
- Diving Deeper - Creativity by Kitty Skeen - Mini Maestros Bendigo Franchisee
- Interview with Dr Anita Collins – By Esther Bertram
- Onlooker Learners - By Emma Hart, Mini Maestros Head Of Teaching
- Meet The Team - Ally Hvalica
- Music and Intellectual Development - By Alison Cusack & Linda Repic
- Who is your child's best teacher? Part 1 of 2 By Emma Hart - Head of Teaching
- Who is your child's best teacher? Part 2 of 2 By Emma Hart - Head of Teaching
- Mini Maestros & The Gisborne Singers
- Diving Deeper - Physical Skills - By Taryn Wright
- Inter-generational music making is building healthy communities
- Writing Music Down - by 3MBS
- Diving Deeper - Social Skills by Kate Rice
- The Importance of Repetition
- Diving Deeper - Learning to listen by Robyn Stewardson
- Meeting The Head Office Team - Esther Bertram - Marketing and Franchise Development Manager
- Diving Deeper - Imagination and Music By Lisa Marcolin
- Speech Development - Stories from Parents by Annette L. Graham
- Why Have Concerts? - By Emma Hart, Head of Teaching
- Diving Deeper - The Power of Song by Kitty Skeen Part 1 of 2
- Diving Deeper - The Power of Song by Kitty Skeen Part 2 of 2
- Meeting the Head Office Team - Maddy Kelly
- Meeting The Head Office Team - Bruce Fethers - Co-owner & Managing Director
- Diving Deeper - Dance - by Cathy Edgar
- The Senses - By Robyn Grose
- Meeting The Head Office Team - Jennifer Smith - Co-owner & Music Director
- Meeting The Head Office Team - Emma Hart - Head of Teaching
- The Power of Music in Expressing Children's Emotions by Chantelle Alvaro
- Play - By Kate Howard
- Meeting The Head Office Team - Introducing Stephanie Migliore
- Relationships - By Ally Hvalica
- Developmental Milestones - By MaryRose Harrison
- Stories From Parents/Grandparents - Bobbie Carroll
- Meeting The Head Office Team - Introducing Monika Szilagyi
- JOY by Tiff Ikin
- Music Education
- Peekaboo Scarves by Emma Hart
- All Shapes of the World
- Music Forever
- Children of Tomorrow: Thoughts On Mindful Music Education in the Early Childhood Space
- Nurturing the Love of Music
- Music. Feel it all over.
- Mini Maestros - It's Not Just About The Children.
- Mid-term Magic
- The Creative Life
- 5 Simple Ways to Nurture Creativity in Our Children
- Discovering the Joy of Music
- Five Alternative Ways to Say "Well Done!"
- "Good morning Bumblebee"
- A Mini Maestros Moment
- The exchange between teacher and child
- The joy of being a new mum, and the importance of connection learning and play
- BABIES CLASSES - a very special and important time for you and your child.
- 5 Ways To Jam With Your Child At Home
- Was Your First Mini Maestros Class What You Expected?
- Moving to a Steady Beat and the Young Brain
- Learning an Instrument