2020 Enrolments - Another Year of Nurturing Confident Learners
We are now taking enrolments for Mini Maestros Term 1 2020! Enrolment is possible at any time prior to or during the term, and new customers can Enrol Online!
During Term 1 we welcome many new students to our program as parents make the decision to share the love of music with their children. They soon find out why so many children, parents and carers love Mini Maestros!
In their classes, our youngest students (our 6-15 months and 1-2 years olds) will start to discover new sounds, instruments and movement activities in a playful structure. As the shared experience with the primary carer is so important, we aim to encourage the fun, pleasure and relaxation possibilities of music making with very young children. Our youngest students will also be introduced to social interaction through contact in musical games, first with their attending carer, and then gradually with other members of the class.
Our 2-3 year old students will be introduced to their very own bumblebee and start exploring their singing voices. They will be encouraged to discover and feel the beat in music through our action songs, moving to the beat and playing instruments. Our repertoire for 2-3 year olds introduces children to a variety of musical styles and moods. Children in this age group learn simple circle dances which develop their ability to recall sequences. They will be encouraged to take individual turns in games and activities which helps with their social development.
Our 3-4 year old students will enhance their singing and listening skills in Term 1. They will discover high and low notes and accompany singing with appropriate high and low movements. Foundations will be set for the students to consciously understand beat and pitch. Our 3-4 year old students will begin to develop individual performance skills and confidence through musical games and role play activities.
Our 4-5 year old students wll receive their own first instrument, a set of chime bars, and before long they will be playing simple songs on them. Their musical development progresses into conscious learning of key concepts such as musical phrases (introduced by question and answer songs), differentiating between beat and rhythm and improvisation.
We look forward to welcoming you and your child to one of our classes at a location near you. Click here to find a class near you.
- Inter-Generational Music Making = Strengthening Friendships Through Songs and Dance by Jo Irwin, Macedon Ranges Franchisee.
- Diving Deeper - Music from Around the World - Janet Collins
- Why Have Concerts? - By Maddy Kelly, Mini Maestros Head of Teaching
- Diving Deeper - Music and Mood Enhancement
- Diving Deeper - Music and Vocabulary By Kitty Skeen - Mini Maestros Bendigo.
- Diving Deeper - Lullaby and good night - hopefully... By Judy O'Neill
- Kodály, Orff, Dalcroze and Suzuki - By Jo Irwin - Mini Maestros Sunbury and Macedon Ranges Franchisee
- New Mini Maestros Customer App
- Diving Deeper - Connection by Maddy Kelly - Mini Maestros' Head of Teaching
- Diving Deeper - Imagination. By Caroline Paterson
- Diving Deeper - Creativity by Kitty Skeen - Mini Maestros Bendigo Franchisee
- Interview with Dr Anita Collins – By Esther Bertram
- Onlooker Learners - By Emma Hart, Former Mini Maestros Head Of Teaching
- Meet The Team - Ally Hvalica
- Music and Intellectual Development - By Alison Cusack & Linda Repic
- Who is your child's best teacher? Part 1 of 2 By Emma Hart - Former Mini Maestros Head of Teaching
- Who is your child's best teacher? Part 2 of 2 By Emma Hart - Former Mini Maestros Head of Teaching
- Diving Deeper - Physical Skills - By Taryn Wright
- Inter-generational music making is building healthy communities
- Writing Music Down - by 3MBS
- Diving Deeper - Social Skills by Kate Rice
- The Importance of Repetition
- Diving Deeper - Learning to listen by Robyn Stewardson
- Meeting The Head Office Team - Esther Bertram - Marketing and Franchise Development Manager
- Meet the Team - Jo Irwin
- Diving Deeper - Imagination and Music By Lisa Marcolin
- Speech Development - Stories from Parents by Annette L. Graham
- Diving Deeper - The Power of Song by Kitty Skeen Part 1 of 2
- Diving Deeper - The Power of Song by Kitty Skeen Part 2 of 2
- Meeting the Head Office Team - Maddy Kelly
- Meeting The Head Office Team - Bruce Fethers - Co-owner & Managing Director
- Diving Deeper - Dance - by Cathy Edgar
- The Senses - By Robyn Grose
- Meeting The Head Office Team - Jennifer Smith - Co-owner & Music Director
- The Power of Music in Expressing Children's Emotions by Chantelle Alvaro
- Play - By Kate Howard
- Meeting The Head Office Team - Introducing Stephanie Migliore
- Relationships - By Ally Hvalica
- Developmental Milestones - By MaryRose Harrison
- Stories From Parents/Grandparents - Bobbie Carroll
- Meeting The Head Office Team - Introducing Monika Szilagyi
- JOY by Tiff Ikin
- Music Education
- Peekaboo Scarves by Emma Hart, Former Mini Maestros Head of Teaching
- All Shapes of the World
- Music Forever
- Children of Tomorrow: Thoughts On Mindful Music Education in the Early Childhood Space
- Nurturing the Love of Music
- Music. Feel it all over.
- Mini Maestros - It's Not Just About The Children.
- The Creative Life
- 5 Simple Ways to Nurture Creativity in Our Children
- Discovering the Joy of Music
- Five Alternative Ways to Say "Well Done!"
- "Good morning Bumblebee"
- A Mini Maestros Moment
- The exchange between teacher and child
- The joy of being a new mum, and the importance of connection learning and play
- BABIES CLASSES - a very special and important time for you and your child.
- 5 Ways To Jam With Your Child At Home
- Was Your First Mini Maestros Class What You Expected?
- Moving to a Steady Beat and the Young Brain
- Learning an Instrument