Inter-generational music making is building healthy communities
Mini Maestros have partnered with Sunbury Community Health to offer inter-generational music classes to pre-school aged children and elders residing at Sunbury Lions Aged Care.
Classes are held each Friday with educators from Our Village Family Childcare which operate throughout Sunbury and the Macedon Ranges. 12 little people join teacher Zoe Hall and a number of residents each week to experience the joy that making music together can bring.
This initiative first introduced in early 2017 is providing benefits for both residents and our young visitors. The program is helping to keep our elders engaged and active whilst simultaneously educating children about older people, or our “grand friends”, within our community.
Bringing young people and those in aged care together cannot be underestimated and include social, physical and mental benefits. Sessions can assist in reducing stress, muscular tension, create positive attitudes and community connection.
Our Village Family Childcare offers small group home-based childcare every day and are celebrating their 40th birthday this month. Offering flexible regular hours from 7.00am – 6.00pm, educators can also provide care with overnight, early evening and even very early morning hours. This is increasingly necessary for shift workers or workers in industries that require non-traditional hours such as hospitality and aviation.
Mini Maestros also operate throughout Sunbury and the Macedon Ranges and offer both private music classes for children aged from six months to five years and sessional classes in Early Learning Centres, Childcare Centres and Kindergartens.
Making music involves multiple components of the central and peripheral nervous systems including those associated with gross and fine motor skills, emotions, memory, intellect, paying attention, processing expectations and rules, relationships, creativity and cultural values. In short, making music is ‘superfood’ for the brain.
Mini Maestros are proud to be associated with Sunbury Community Health in supporting their values of “it takes a village”. Using music to aid physical, emotional and intellectual development and encouraging group participation and creativity combine to offer an experience that builds self-confidence and a positive culture in which to live and thrive.
For more information please contact:-
Our Village Family Childcare, Michelle Pasic, email@example.com,
Phone: 9744 9534
Mini Maestros Sunbury and Macedon Ranges, Jo Irwin, firstname.lastname@example.org,
Phone: 0417 703 690
- Inter-Generational Music Making = Strengthening Friendships Through Songs and Dance by Jo Irwin, Macedon Ranges Franchisee.
- 2020 Enrolments - Another Year of Nurturing Confident Learners
- Diving Deeper - Music from Around the World - Janet Collins
- Why Have Concerts? - By Maddy Kelly, Mini Maestros Head of Teaching
- Diving Deeper - Music and Mood Enhancement
- Diving Deeper - Music and Vocabulary By Kitty Skeen - Mini Maestros Bendigo.
- Diving Deeper - Lullaby and good night - hopefully... By Judy O'Neill
- Kodály, Orff, Dalcroze and Suzuki - By Jo Irwin - Mini Maestros Sunbury and Macedon Ranges Franchisee
- New Mini Maestros Customer App
- Diving Deeper - Connection by Maddy Kelly - Mini Maestros' Head of Teaching
- Diving Deeper - Imagination. By Caroline Paterson
- Diving Deeper - Creativity by Kitty Skeen - Mini Maestros Bendigo Franchisee
- Interview with Dr Anita Collins – By Esther Bertram
- Onlooker Learners - By Emma Hart, Former Mini Maestros Head Of Teaching
- Meet The Team - Ally Hvalica
- Music and Intellectual Development - By Alison Cusack & Linda Repic
- Who is your child's best teacher? Part 1 of 2 By Emma Hart - Former Mini Maestros Head of Teaching
- Who is your child's best teacher? Part 2 of 2 By Emma Hart - Former Mini Maestros Head of Teaching
- Diving Deeper - Physical Skills - By Taryn Wright
- Writing Music Down - by 3MBS
- Diving Deeper - Social Skills by Kate Rice
- The Importance of Repetition
- Diving Deeper - Learning to listen by Robyn Stewardson
- Meeting The Head Office Team - Esther Bertram - Marketing and Franchise Development Manager
- Meet the Team - Jo Irwin
- Diving Deeper - Imagination and Music By Lisa Marcolin
- Speech Development - Stories from Parents by Annette L. Graham
- Diving Deeper - The Power of Song by Kitty Skeen Part 1 of 2
- Diving Deeper - The Power of Song by Kitty Skeen Part 2 of 2
- Meeting the Head Office Team - Maddy Kelly
- Meeting The Head Office Team - Bruce Fethers - Co-owner & Managing Director
- Diving Deeper - Dance - by Cathy Edgar
- The Senses - By Robyn Grose
- Meeting The Head Office Team - Jennifer Smith - Co-owner & Music Director
- The Power of Music in Expressing Children's Emotions by Chantelle Alvaro
- Play - By Kate Howard
- Meeting The Head Office Team - Introducing Stephanie Migliore
- Relationships - By Ally Hvalica
- Developmental Milestones - By MaryRose Harrison
- Stories From Parents/Grandparents - Bobbie Carroll
- Meeting The Head Office Team - Introducing Monika Szilagyi
- JOY by Tiff Ikin
- Music Education
- Peekaboo Scarves by Emma Hart, Former Mini Maestros Head of Teaching
- All Shapes of the World
- Music Forever
- Children of Tomorrow: Thoughts On Mindful Music Education in the Early Childhood Space
- Nurturing the Love of Music
- Music. Feel it all over.
- Mini Maestros - It's Not Just About The Children.
- The Creative Life
- 5 Simple Ways to Nurture Creativity in Our Children
- Discovering the Joy of Music
- Five Alternative Ways to Say "Well Done!"
- "Good morning Bumblebee"
- A Mini Maestros Moment
- The exchange between teacher and child
- The joy of being a new mum, and the importance of connection learning and play
- BABIES CLASSES - a very special and important time for you and your child.
- 5 Ways To Jam With Your Child At Home
- Was Your First Mini Maestros Class What You Expected?
- Moving to a Steady Beat and the Young Brain
- Learning an Instrument