Term 2 is now underway!
Term 2 commenced in Victoria on Tuesday 18 April and Monday 24 April in WA and runs for 10 weeks. Enrolments at any time during the term are very welcome and new students quickly fit into the rhythm of our classes.
During Term 2:
- the 6-15 months and 1-2 year old children will experiment with different percussion instruments and practise how to play with the music in stop and start activities. As their confidence grows, we will see them interact with other children and begin imitating what they see others doing. They will also learn about sharing and being part of a group.
- the 2-3 year old children will develop their singing voices as they extend their language skills. They will discover dynamics (soft and loud) and tempo (fast and slow) and thereby begin to experience the range of expression capable in music. The children will also play new musical games which will help develop their imaginative play skills. Our dances will teach them about socialising with their peers and reinforce a sense of steady beat.
- the 3-4 year old children will begin consciously learning about dynamics and including their proper terms (piano and forte). They will have lots of fun discovering all of the piano/forte sounds in daily life. The children will enjoy doing their first 'homework' projects and will feel very proud when they bring them in to show each other. Dances, games and instrumental activities are also part of their program in Term 2.
- the 4-5 year old children will learn simple songs on their chime bars that highlight beat, rhythm and the crotchet rest (saa). They will also work from their music books finding high and low notes on the music staff. They will practise pointing to a steady beat while singing and will learn to read simple picture symbols which introduce musical notation. This age group loves the dramatic play activities and games which will be played throughout the term.
We look forward to seeing you during Term 2!
- Play - By Kate Howard
- Meeting The Head Office Team - Introducing Stephanie Migliore
- Relationships - By Ally Hvalica
- Meeting The Head Office Team - Introducing Maddie Thiele
- Developmental Milestones - By MaryRose Harrison
- Stories From Parents/Grandparents - Bobbie Carroll
- Meeting The Head Office Team - Introducing Monika Szilagyi
- JOY by Tiff Ikin
- Music Education
- Peekaboo Scarves by Emma Hart
- All Shapes of the World
- Music Forever
- Children of Tomorrow: Thoughts On Mindful Music Education in the Early Childhood Space
- Nurturing the Love of Music
- Music. Feel it all over.
- Mini Maestros - It's Not Just About The Children.
- Mid-term Magic
- The Creative Life
- 5 Simple Ways to Nurture Creativity in Our Children
- Discovering the Joy of Music
- Five Alternative Ways to Say "Well Done!"
- "Good morning Bumblebee"
- A Mini Maestros Moment
- The exchange between teacher and child
- The joy of being a new mum, and the importance of connection learning and play
- BABIES CLASSES - a very special and important time for you and your child.
- 5 Ways To Jam With Your Child At Home
- Was Your First Mini Maestros Class What You Expected?
- Moving to a Steady Beat and the Young Brain
- Learning an Instrument