Teaching Mini Maestros
We offer great training and personal development, all program materials and full support to get you started on your musical teaching career. All you have to do is enjoy singing and dancing and having fun with young children.
Mini Maestros teachers generally work between 9am and 1pm. Afternoon teaching is also sometimes available. Teachers are paid competitive hourly rates.
Our teachers sing, dance and have fun with the children, while managing the group so that it is safe for everyone. Our teachers are provided with the program, a plan for each class, lesson music tracks and equipment.
Mini Maestros conducts comprehensive training courses for its teachers. Training covers the Mini Maestros philosophy and teaching methodology, each term’s program and class administration. Teachers are supplied with all necessary equipment to conduct our classes.
Requirements For Teachers
We prefer our teachers to have some kind of qualification in early childhood studies and/or a music degree. However, we are happy to consider all applications. We are looking for people who:
- Have good communication skills
- Have at least fundamental musical skills
- Have a good singing voice
- Have the ability to engage and teach young children
- Find pleasure in working with young children
- Are able to relate confidently to other adults
- Have a bright, outgoing personality
- Enjoy entertaining others
- Will take a disciplined approach to class administration
- Are willing to work within the guidelines of the Mini Maestros systems
- Have a current Working with children Check or are willing to apply
- Can play and own their own guitar or ukulele (or be willing to learn – we can teach you)
- Have a car and current licence
Current Teaching Opportunities
Teaching Position - Geelong and Bellarine Peninsula - GEELONG - East
Mini Maestros Geelong and Bellarine is seeking a long-term teacher to run music education classes for babies, toddlers and pre-schoolers in Geelong and on the Bellarine.
This casual teaching position will start with 4 full days of training in the Term 3 school holidays (Sept 30, Oct 4, 5, and 6th), in Bulleen.
During Term 4, the appointed teacher will develop their teaching skills through team teaching in a range of settings for a minimum of 2 days per week. Flexibility to vary the days in order to broaden this training experience is desirable.
In 2018, the role will require availability Monday morning until 1pm, Wednesday (morning and afternoon) and Saturday morning. Fortnightly work on Friday morning may also be available.
Ideally, the role will expand to include extra hours/days depending on the candidate's availability and preferences.
Suitable applicants must:
· Be able to commit to regular days of teaching work on an ongoing basis (during school terms).
· Be available to attend all scheduled training sessions in Bulleen across the first 12 months of teaching. Most training dates fall in the school holidays along with one Friday afternoon in the middle of each school term.
· Have a long-term view of working with Mini Maestros (this is not a short-term job)
· Have a good singing voice and be able to sing in tune
· Have well-developed communication and customer service skills
· Have solid musical skills
· Be able to engage and teach young children
· Find pleasure in working with young children
· Be able to relate confidently to other adults
· Have a bright, outgoing personality
· Enjoy entertaining others
· Take a disciplined approach to class administration
· Be willing to work within the guidelines of the Mini Maestros systems
· Have a current Working with Children Check or be willing to apply for one
· Play and own a guitar or ukulele (or be willing to learn - we can teach you)
Mini Maestros provides comprehensive training and ongoing support to all teachers.
Applications close: 01-Sep-2017