BABIES CLASSES - a very special and important time for you and your child.
By Emma Hart, Former Head Of Teaching – Mini Maestros
Mini Maestros babies’ classes nurture the innate love of music that babies are born with. This makes those classes one of the most important parts of our program. They create a very special time as adults and babies delight in the joy of music making together. They focus on reinforcing the special bond between baby and carer in a fun, caring and playful environment, whilst supporting and extending the vital stages of development.
Caregivers will feel confident to participate in music play at home, having received a repertoire of songs, rhymes and movement activities. The Mini Maestros program equips primary caregivers to understand their baby as a learner and trust their process of development.
The brain develops synapse connections through repeated experiences and a baby’s brain requires exposure to many different experiences to help build lots of these connections.
Our music classes provide a wide range of sequential activities, which help to develop higher cognitive functions such as language and mathematics as well as the fine and gross motor skills required for simple, daily tasks.
How does this happen? Repetition is the key to making confident learners in the early years. Singing simple songs and instructions allows babies to imitate and explore a wider range of sounds, which is an integral part of developing speech, language and their own singing voice in time. Movement, lap and finger play activities help to develop and internalize a sense of steady beat, which in turn helps regulate a sense of time and space. This is important for such simple functions as walking or catching a ball, and extends to the higher cognitive skills required for mathematics.
The classroom environment gives babies the opportunity to learn together with other babies. In 30 years of teaching classes, our experience is that babies and toddlers make developmental leaps when learning alongside their peers. It could even be said we continue to learn best this way, right into adulthood.
One of the most important components required for an effective learning environment is harmony and play. The fun, supportive atmosphere of a Mini Maestros class creates the perfect setting for this to occur. Babies and carers have fun together while learning.
- Meet The Franchisees - Julia Kaplan - Owner/Operator of our Dingley/Hampton/Sandringham Franchise
- Term 2 is now underway!
- Meet the Franchisees - Kate Sadler Our Kew/Balwyn Franchisee
- Meet the Franchisees - Michelle Maglitto our Altona/Williamstown/Hoppers Crossing Franchise
- Meet The Franchisees - Lisa Marcolin Owner/Operator of Doncaster
- Meet The Franchisees - David Morgan owner/operator of Hornsby/North Epping
- Meet The Franchisees - Louise Reeder owner/operator of the Glen Waverley Franchise
- Meet the Franchisees - Kate Howard owner/operator of the Frankston/Langwarrin franchise
- Meet Our Franchisee - Chantelle Alvaro owner/operator of Montmorency/Greensborough/Eltham
- Meet Our Franchisees - Alison Cusack and Linda Repic co-owners/operators of Craigieburn & Mickleham.
- Mini Maestros At Home Educational Activities e-Pack
- Zoom Zoom Zoom With Bumblebee - By Melissa Eilers
- 7 Things to Keep your Toddler Occupied When they Have to be Quiet - By Kate Phillips, Rowville Teacher
- Contemplating During COVID - By Kate Sadler Mini Maestros Kew/Balwyn
- How Music is Like the Clothes We Wear - By Pip Hargrave
- Inter-Generational Music Making = Strengthening Friendships Through Songs and Dance by Jo Irwin, Macedon Ranges Franchisee.
- Diving Deeper - Music from Around the World - Janet Collins
- Why Have Concerts? - By Maddy Kelly, Mini Maestros Head of Teaching
- Diving Deeper - Music and Mood Enhancement
- Diving Deeper - Music and Vocabulary By Kitty Skeen - Former Mini Maestros Bendigo Franchisee
- Diving Deeper - Lullaby and good night - hopefully... By Judy O'Neill
- Kodály, Orff, Dalcroze and Suzuki - By Jo Irwin - Mini Maestros Sunbury and Macedon Ranges Franchisee
- Mini Maestros Customer App
- Diving Deeper - Connection by Maddy Kelly - Mini Maestros' Head of Teaching
- Diving Deeper - Imagination. By Caroline Paterson - Former Wembley/Mount Hawthorn/North Perth Franchisee
- Diving Deeper - Creativity by Kitty Skeen - Former Mini Maestros Bendigo Franchisee
- Interview with Dr Anita Collins – By Esther Bertram
- Onlooker Learners - By Emma Hart, Former Mini Maestros Head Of Teaching
- Meet The Team - Ally Hvalica
- Music and Intellectual Development - By Alison Cusack & Linda Repic
- Who is your child's best teacher? Part 1 of 2 By Emma Hart - Former Mini Maestros Head of Teaching
- Who is your child's best teacher? Part 2 of 2 By Emma Hart - Former Mini Maestros Head of Teaching
- Diving Deeper - Physical Skills - By Taryn Wright
- Inter-generational music making is building healthy communities
- Writing Music Down - by 3MBS
- Diving Deeper - Social Skills by Kate Rice
- The Importance of Repetition
- Diving Deeper - Learning to listen by Robyn Stewardson, former Coburg/Fawkner/Reservoir Franchisee
- Meeting The Head Office Team - Esther Bertram - Marketing and Franchise Development Manager
- Meet the Team - Jo Irwin
- Diving Deeper - Imagination and Music By Lisa Marcolin
- Speech Development - Stories from Parents by Annette L. Graham
- Diving Deeper - The Power of Song by Kitty Skeen - Former Mini Maestros Bendigo Franchisee - Part 1 of 2
- Diving Deeper - The Power of Song by Kitty Skeen - Former Mini Maestros Bendigo Franchisee - Part 2 of 2
- Meeting the Head Office Team - Maddy Kelly
- Meeting The Head Office Team - Bruce Fethers - Co-owner & Managing Director
- Diving Deeper - Dance - by Cathy Edgar
- The Senses - By Robyn Grose. - Former Preston/Northcote/Ivanhoe/Rosanna/Canterbury/Box Hill Franchisee
- Meeting The Head Office Team - Jennifer Smith - Co-owner & Music Director
- The Power of Music in Expressing Children's Emotions by Chantelle Alvaro
- Play - By Kate Howard
- Meeting The Head Office Team - Introducing Stephanie Migliore
- Relationships - By Ally Hvalica
- Developmental Milestones - By MaryRose Harrison - Former Franchisee
- Stories From Parents/Grandparents - Bobbie Carroll
- Meeting The Head Office Team - Introducing Monika Szilagyi
- JOY by Tiff Ikin
- Music Education
- Peekaboo Scarves by Emma Hart, Former Mini Maestros Head of Teaching
- All Shapes of the World
- Music Forever
- Children of Tomorrow: Thoughts On Mindful Music Education in the Early Childhood Space
- Nurturing the Love of Music
- Music. Feel it all over.
- Mini Maestros - It's Not Just About The Children.
- The Creative Life
- 5 Simple Ways to Nurture Creativity in Our Children
- Discovering the Joy of Music
- Five Alternative Ways to Say "Well Done!"
- "Good morning Bumblebee"
- A Mini Maestros Moment
- The exchange between teacher and child
- The joy of being a new mum, and the importance of connection learning and play
- 5 Ways To Jam With Your Child At Home
- Was Your First Mini Maestros Class What You Expected?
- Learning an Instrument